Tuesday, July 3, 2012

29 year old blanket

This picture is Carter and Mom's dog Stuffy. When I was pregnant with Carter I made this blanket. It has a lion with floppy ears on the front. All the kids used it but it was never any ones favorite. None of the boys had special blankets. AJ had a special pillow that Mary White made.

Fast forward 29 years and the blanket is still in use. While it is only Sean's second blanket, his first is of course his ever present blue blanket. The lion blanket does get a certain amount of respect. It is the blanket Sean has slept with for nap time at school for three years. He also uses a He Man blanket mom made Carter when he was four. Carter got all the cool blankets.

Funny I could have imagined the blanket being used by a four year old grandchild 29 years later. I never imagined it being used by my four year old son. Life's a funny thing.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors