Sunday, July 15, 2012

I was in denial

Tell me it isn't so! Tell me Ethan didn't really move! I tried denial. I tried convincing Miranda that she didn't really want to move. I hoped that their house wouldn't sell. Heck, there's a half dozen houses for sale in our neighborhood. But alas, not only did they sell their house it sold fast, closed fast and they up and left!!! How can this be?? How will I amuse Sean? I have been telling Sean the past few days that they were moving and he said "I don't care." Hm, really? Saturday morning he woke up and said "I want to play with Ethan". I said "Ethan doesn't live there anymore." He said "oh yes he does lets go see." We walked over and knocked on the door and I was surprised that a big dog started barking. I hadn't seen anyone in the driveway. That clinched it for Sean and he realized they didn't really live there. Today he saw new cars in the driveway and said "lets go see who is there." I told him we'd have to wait I didn't think who ever was there would appreciate a 9 a.m. Sunday visit. Miranda's baby is due August 3 and they close on their new house July 27. Until then they are staying at Miranda's mom's house. Their new house is in West Kaysville and I mean WEST Kaysville. Clear out by the powerlines almost to the lake. Not a few miles away for easy visits. Their days of best friends are over.
Yep, the moving van really put a dent in my denial.

The kids had a final McDonald's picnic in the driveway.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors