Thursday, July 5, 2012

Some people's mothers

Mom had an appointment at the hospital to get pulmonary function test and an echo cardiogram today. Polly (AJ and Steph's dog) had an appointment for a hysterectomy. Last night at dinner we were discussing these appointments as I needed AJ to help me get Grandma up the wheelchair ramp. We joked it would be bad if we got confused and took Polly to the hospital and Grandma to the vet. Grandma said she wasn't worried because she'd already had all those "parts" removed.

Grandma fell on Tuesday night. She had a tooth pulled Tuesday morning and had taken a lortab. She used her cell phone to call the house phone at 2 am for help. She said she'd laid there for an hour. It took her some time to work her way to her cell phone then she tried to get up on her own for awhile. She said she even debated pulling a pillow off the bed and sleeping on the floor. I woke AJ up to help us get her back in the bed. I'm not sure what I am going to do when AJ and Steph move out because I really don't like Grandma alone in the basement at night. If she'd called out Polly would have heard her and barked. We got her back in the bed without too much trouble. She didn't hurt anything but said her neck and arms hurt from trying to pull herself up.

Polly's surgery was fine and she came home this afternoon. Grandma's pulmonary test weren't too bad. Her alveoli are at 49% (that's what mom said. I haven't seen a report). We stopped and got a Subway sandwich on the way home. I was upstairs and I heard a crash in the kitchen. My first thought was oh crap then I heard a spraying noise. Mom dropped her Pepsi can and it exploded all over the kitchen. Hence, my some people's mother comment. I was happy mom hadn't fallen and all I had to do was clean up soda, no blood.

On other notes: Jenny is out of jail and at rehab. She called Lanette who let her talk to the girls. Lanette was not happy. Jenny wants to see the girls in two weeks but Lanette said she's not going to let her. I asked what number she called from and she said it came up "private." I got two private calls today but I didn't answer them. It would be nice if she took advantage of all the counseling and opportunites at rehab and made some changes so she can start over with a fresh, productive life. Instead of spending her time calling me and Lanette. Not holding my breath though. She's young she really could start over and do something positive with her life.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors