Saturday, January 5, 2013

Getting ready to leave

That was a hard goodbye.

Shane was late leaving Kansas and we have to go to the airport. I called Sharon's friend Mary and she is going to come sit with her until Shane gets here. I don't think she has many hours left. She promised Shane she would not die until he got back.

Her back still hurts despite the fentanyl patch and ativan. I called hospice and asked them to come put in a foley on the outside chance that her bladder is causing discomfort. She says she needs to go but she can't. I don't know if it's just a feeling or a real need. The catheter will fix it one way or another.

She is really thirsty but can't suck a straw anymore so I am giving her water with a syringe.

Sean said to Don "You won't have a mommy, just a daddy."

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors