Friday, January 25, 2013

Ice and other stuff

We had an ice storm yesterday. We don't usually get those in Utah. I don't remember ever having one. There is still two feet of snow. It has been so cold nothing has melted. The ice fell on top of the snow. It looked like meringue It was awful to drive in or walk.
 
Today Sean had a follow up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. When we walked into the office the waiting room was PACKED. I had never seen it like that. It was wall to wall with people with their arms in splints. Usually there are one or two people with splints and a couple with cast but never over a dozen with splints. They were all people who fell yesterday on the ice and broke their arms. Except for one older man we talked to who said he tripped over his luggage at the Seattle airport and broke his.

Sean has been learning about the body at school. Today I took in a heart, blood component and teeth model and some stethoscopes. The kids had a lot of fun playing with them. They have really learned a lot. They could tell me what the heart did, what blood did even the function of a white blood cell. Impressive for five year olds.


Sean next to his body

This is Rover. Rover is my robotic vacuum cleaner. He is the best pet a person who doesn't want a pet could have. Every day he vacuums my entire downstairs. It takes him two hours but he doesn't complain. (Well occasionally he gets stuck under a chair and beeps). He leaves stripes on my carpet in a nice neat pattern. I walk in the house and it looks like I have vacuuming OCD. I love it!!! Now if he could just keep the counters clean and take out the trash.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors