Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hallucinations continue

The hallucinations are non stop now. The hospice nurse, Shirley came and brought some Ativan. I just asked Sharon if she was hungry and she said maybe a little. I fed her two bites of noodles. She had a hard time swallowing. She kept putting her hand to her mouth and saying "here's that tomato." She took a bite of the tomato. I asked her if it was good and she said it was. Instead of the food I was feeding her she dined on hallucinatory tomato's fresh from the garden. She did drink some water. I changed her and put her in a depend. She didn't resist. She still knows who I am.

No urine output since 6 a.m. The hospice nurse wanted to put in a Foley but I think that would just agitate her more and if she has no urine output I don't see the point. If it's just so we can be sure there is no urine output I think that's silly. She's not obstructed.

Her old beau Larry the neurologist called. He asked how she was and I said "not well." He said "tell me the truth."  I said "she's dying." I told him about her hallucinations. I figured being a neurologist he could offer some insight. He said he thought it was metabolic from system failure. He's probably right. I still find the jerky movements and lack of coordination strange. He said the tumors could be spreading in her spinal column.  Sharon's not talking to anyone. He asked me to tell her he loved her. He said she had been his friend since they were born. I told Sharon he called and said I didn't know they had been friends that long and she said they were born nine days apart. I told her he said he loved her and she said "wellll, Larry loved lots of people." I asked if he loved them all at the same time and she said "yes." She still has a sense of humor.

That is what is so peculiar she is totally lucid to talk to but totally out of it. She told Don yesterday there was some pot down in the basement. If I thought it would help I'd go downstairs and look for it. She spends a lot of time waving her hands in front of her face. I told her she reminded me of a little baby discovering her hands and she said "yes." Sometimes she waves her hands in front of her face but her hat is pulled down over her eyes so she can't see them. She said she sees lots of colors. I asked her what kind and she said "normal ones."

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors