Friday, December 9, 2011

And the verdict is........

The verdict is none of us got called to the stand and a new trial date has been set for March. We all showed up, counselors, peer parents, foster parents, probation officers, land lords, neighbors it was a regular witness festival.

The judge called Jenny, Ryan, DCFS, GAL and attorneys into the court room. Jenny and Ryan's attorneys withdrew their request for a trial home placement (really, you think) and agreed to move forward to a final termination and placement for adoption trial. There is some sort of hearing in January for just the attorneys and GAL. I'm not sure what that is for.

I'm hoping we can adopt Sean by the time he is six!

Jenny told Lanette. "At least I know where my girls will be and I know they will learn to dress nice." Lanette always looks REALLY nice. I thought that was a funny comment. Not I know you will love my girls and raise them in a safe, healthy home and give them the opportunity to be successful but rather they will dress nice. I'm glad they'll dress nice but that is really the least of my worries. Being the gracious woman she is Lanette said thank you.

And here's a cute picture I found on my camera of Sean. 
Ethan's mom did a grinch who stole Christmas design

He's not on oxygen anymore but I thought this was cute

1 comment:

Stephanie-jean Life:SemiCrunchy said...

Glad to hear that things are moving forward to final termination and adoption. It makes me sad that it had to come to that, I wish that Jenny and Ryan had been able to changes their lives around for their kids. I cannot think of anyone more worthy of changing your life for than you own children. Hopefully everything will come to a clean close in March! Then onward to adopting Sean bug!

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors