Saturday, December 31, 2011

Our quiet day

This was our day to stay at home and chill, we didn't do much chilling. Note on weather: It was 70 degrees and beautiful but holy humid! We were here for a couple of fast rain burst but not much rain at all. Just green and beautiful. On Steph's bedroom door her mom has a wreath that says "Let it snow" that's not going to happen. I see Christmas stuff and keep wondering why people haven't taken their decorations down in the summer and then remember it's the week after Christmas and my tree is waiting for me to take it down.

We went to a restaurant way up in the mountains. It was close to what Steph calls her backyard volcano. We had dinner and then some of us rode horses.
Gordo and Giannini riding the white horse.

Steph and AJ rode the brown one.

We went to the fishing pond to try and catch our dinner for the next night. Good thing our dinner didn't really depend on our fishing skills. I'm laughing so hard because Fannie got her boot stuck in the mud then I got mine even more stuck and I couldn't get it out. The harder I pulled the harder I laughed and I almost went swimming with the fishes. It was crazy you had to go under a net and stand in the mud behind a net to fish. If you threw your hook to high it got caught on the top net, if you moved to far you got sucked in the mud. Didn't make for optimal fishing but did make for a great laugh.

Finally someone saved me and pulled me out of the mud. Don had the camera ready for if I went in.

Our only fish of the night. I pulled it in (so to speak it was a pond).


That is one giant leaf.

Pretty busy quiet day!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors