Thursday, December 15, 2011

Crazy Week

The many hairdos of mom's laceration. Mom is feeling better today. It was a challenge getting all that blood out of her hair. We took a unique approach. I put her little wheelchair in the bathroom up against the tub then I got in the tub (in my pajamas, always wanted to do that as a nurse) and mom leaned her head back while I pour hydrogen peroxide in her hair. Then I washed it a couple of times and got all the blood out. It really didn't even make too big a mess on the floor.
I told the ER nurse that sprout of hair sticking up out of the bandage was a dignity issue. Mom was a good sport about it.
Mom wanted a picture of the caked on blood but this picture really doesn't do it justice.




I missed posting pictures of AJ's birthday. We went to Spaghetti factory.
 AJ and Steph are in Costa Rica. They left last Friday and will be there until the first. We are coming back on the same day and should arrive back in SLC at the same time but are on different flights.

I turned 50 this week. When I woke up laying between Don and Sean I thought, holy crap I'm 50. I never imagined being 50 and having a 4 year old. We went to dinner and then had cake. No there aren't 50 candles in the cake. There's a new girl at Sean's school who the kids don't like because she spontaneously bites and scratches. She came up to me and said "hi" I thought aren't you a cute little thing. Then she said "you're Sean's grandma" I said "no, I'm his mom" she said "No your his grandma." Hm, I don't like that little girl either.

Jenny drama:
Jenny asked if I would supervise a visit if the girls came over to my house to open their Christmas presents. I said yes if it was OK with Lanette and DCFS. Lanette said fine. Lanette texted me yesterday and said Clarice called her and said no home visit that Jenny could have a 2 hour visit at DCFS. Jenny hasn't called me back. I'm sure she's really mad. I think she's finally realizing DCFS isn't joking. About 12 months too late. Ryan was a no show for his visit again yesterday so DCFS is terminating his visits.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors