Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dinner at Fanny's

After the volcano and lunch we drove to Steph's mom's house. Her mom, grandma and Aunt's all live down the same driveway. Other relatives live a few houses away. Her closest relatives (her mom's sisters) came over for dinner the first night. We tried lots of fun Costa Rican food. Delicious!
Steph's "Baby Cousin" as she calls him ran to the door when we came in and said "SEAN!" It was pretty darn cute. Gordo is not shy he took Sean by the hand and was ready to play. It took Sean a few minutes to warm up. There is the universal friendship of electronic games. It brought them together quickly and by the end of the week Sean was saying "I want to go play with Gordo."

This is still the first night so they weren't really playing together just parallel playing with their LeapFrogs. Sean gave Gordo a pair of Mario pajamas and he put them on immediately.

As we sat around the tables at Fanny's house I couldn't help but be a little overwhelmed by how this all came to be. My son met a girl in Costa Rica playing World of Warcraft and now Don, Sean and I are sitting in a house in Costa Rica with my son his wife and all his in laws. It's an amazing thing. When he first came to Costa Rica to meet Steph I told him she was going to be a 400 pound man. Fanny said when AJ came she told Steph he was going to murder her and chop her up with an axe. Lucky for both me and Fanny it didn't turn out that way. He married into a very nice family. We had only met Steph's mom and Grandma at the wedding so this was a great opportunity. I know Don and I met on the Internet but we lived 20 miles away from each other it was not nearly as dramatic.


Steph and her family came in the room with a cake and candles. I didn't know who they were singing to but it was a belated birthday cake for me. Sean LOVED the cake. He kept wanting more and more. It was in the fridge and everyday he would ask for more until the final piece when an ant was on his cake and he freaked out. It was a tiny ant I told him he should have eaten it. Those tiny ants are mean though. I stepped on their house and they attacked my foot. For such little buggers they can sure sting. Guess that teaches me not to step on their houses.

Steph and some of her cousins.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors