Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fairy Dust

We went to visit Kylie and Brie at their foster (hopefully soon permanent home) yesterday. Sean wanted to know where Kylie and Brie live and Kylie and Brie wanted to show Sean their home. They live in Saratoga Springs, it's about 45 minutes away. It is a very nice home. I should put VERY in caps. As in it is a VERY NICE home. How Lanette has such a clean house with all those kids I do not understand. It's a gift some people have but I didn't get it. She has a 5, 6, 7, 9 and 15 year old.

The girls look great and they fit right into a loving home. They are so blasted cute though Kylie still has some scratch marks on her face where she clawed it when she had to go see her mom last week. Kylie lost a tooth. She is so grown up. I met their older sister Demi, she is 15. The 7 and 9 year old, Stephanie and Luke were there as cute as ever. Their home overlooks Utah lake and the kids elementary school. There are lots of jack rabbits in the field behind their house. It's a far cry from whence they come. Kylie and Brie wanted to show me their room. Brie said "look Grandma" and she was pointing at her bedspread. There was a tiny bit of glitter dust on it. She told me that fairy's watch over her when she sleeps and sometimes they leave dust on her bed. Kylie then showed me the dust on her bed, Luke had some on his as well. Oh my what a different world they live in.  Gorgeous home, beds, pillows, sheets, blankets, loving family, real food AND fairy dust. That's a bonus I hadn't even dreamed of. Next Sean's going to be wanting fairy dust.

Jenny called me earlier in the week to ask me to ask DCFS if they would reconsider the visit at my house. I asked they said NO! The girls said their mom is living in her car. When Lanette asked Jenny about it she changed the subject.  I don't know if that's true. I saw her car last week and it was disgusting but didn't look like she was living in it. I'm guessing if she was kicked out of her place she is couch surfing or sleeping at work. Her phone has been disconnected again. So I really don't have a clue what she's up to.

She just called me from work as I was typing this. She is ticked about Jeannine saying she couldn't come here for Christmas. I told her I went to the girls house and she wanted to know what it looked like and how the girls were. I didn't ask her where she was living because I don't want to know.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors