Friday, December 16, 2011

Why I am grumpy

Yep, Sean's on oxygen again

I have been annoyed with doctor offices all day today. I called mom's doctor on Wednesday asking for pain meds and a home health referral. I told them there was no way I could get her out of the house to the office. The receptionist said "I will have the doctor call you." Today, THREE days later the medical assistant calls and leaves me a message telling me to make an appointment. I called back and she was out to lunch (at 10:45) this led me to saying in a most annoyed voice to the receptionist that I wanted to talk to the doctor and I wanted to talk to him now! A little while later the MA called me. I told her that I don't know what part of I need pain meds and a home health referral takes three days to return. She said I understand your frustration bla bla bla. I told her I wanted pain meds and a home health referral NOW. She told me to call the ER for a refill. Are you freaking kidding me. I told her the ER does not give refills. She said just try. I said NO YOU JUST TELL THE DOCTOR WHAT I SAID. She said she didn't know if he would give pain meds without seeing her. I asked her what part of I can't get her there did she not understand and that mom had been seeing Dr Horsley for twenty years and to just give him the message. Agh! A few minutes later she called back and said the prescription was called in and where did I want the home health referral. I don't know why it annoyed me so much. Her doctor was our next door neighbor. He came to my house a couple of months ago to have me write a letter of recommendation for his daughter to get into nursing school. Next time I will just call him at home and bypass his stupid staff.

Sean got sick two nights ago with croup. Last night his fever was up and his respiratory distress cough began. I made an appointment with his doctor for 3 today. (soonest appointment they had) We get to the doctor at 3. They are having problems with their computer and can't check anyone in so I sit down as does the lady who was ahead of me. They futz around for 20 minutes. Then they check in  a lady who just walked in then the lady who got there before me. Next another person comes in and the receptionist starts to check her. OK, I'm in a bad mood already. I say "EXCUSE ME, do you plan to check us in." I kid you not the recepionist says "oh are you here to be seen?" I said "NO I just like to hang out in waiting rooms with my sick kid." She checks us in. Then she goes in the back and comes out a while later and says "the doctor is running behind do you want to go run some errands and come back in an hour?" Really, do I look like I want to take Sean out and run some errands. I tell her to call me when we can be seen and we will come back in.

I get home and David who has decided to move back home (he's been living with Pam) is having a new mattress delivered that his dad bought him for Christmas. Well David is far to busy Christmas shopping and is calling me to get home to be there for his mattress. Really, David you are soooo busy that I need to stop what I am doing...... OK breath. I get home and let the mattress people into David's room.

Jenny calls me from her work phone. (her cell is disconnected again) She is mad that she can't see the girls at my house for her Christmas visit and DCFS can go *&^%$$ themselves, she won't see them at all if she has to see them in a box. (the playroom at DCFS) She doesn't want them to have that memory. Seriously, she thinks that's the worse memory the girls will have. Not Daddy trying to kill mom or getting hauled off to jail or being hungry, cold, filfthy but getting presents at the DCFS building. She wanted me to ask the GAL to let them come to my house.

Don gets home from work, the doctor office calls and we go back in. They give Sean antibiotics, steroids, inhaler and say use your oxygen (that we still have from last month) and come back in if it gets worse.

I went to fill mom's RX and Sean's and I bought Tylenol instead of Advil. I have four bottles of Tylenol.

And you know what, it's all good. We are not in the hospital, we have oxygen at home, mom got her meds, my house is clean, I have enough Advil to get through tonight and Jenny can go &^% *** herself:)

Really, are you still reading this?

I feel better now!

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Sorry about your day. Definitely deserves it's own post. Tomorrow is a new day and if it's as bad as today just go steal some of grandmas recently refilled pain meds and enjoy yourself for an hour or two. I can come to bountiful tomorrow and help you. I could bring lunch, run some erronds for you. I really would be happy to help. Hope Sean feels better soon so he can play on the beaches of costa rica. Hang in there carol.

Blog Archive

Followers

Contributors